Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 05/21/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of the Grants Administration (DGA) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Grants Manager. This position is critical to the fiscal management of the Substance Abuse Block Grant (SABG) & the Mental Health Block Grant (MHBG), in addition, to providing support for other federal grants at AHCCCS. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Federal grants management & reporting to include completion of all financial tables for the grant application(s) and reports; completion of the maintenance of effort (MOE); completion of the CLIFF data reporting for the AHCCCS budget; management of the grant administrative requirements and sub-recipient requirements in E-Civis;
* Management of all FFATA reporting; management of the 90-day closeout grant process; completion of the reconciliation for the Federal Financial Report (FFR); and project management of all block grant activities.
* Federal block grant monitoring to include compliance with all block grant terms and conditions, grant requirements including specified set-asides, revenue, expenditures, and budget in AFIS; authorized allotments in the Payment Management System (PMS); and sub-recipient monitoring.
* Preparation and review of all block grant schedules & payments; conduct extensive complex financial analysis; allocation of grant funds; preparation of budget documents & internal spreadsheets; review of Contractor Expenditure Reports (CERs)/invoices; review of RBHA/TRBHA/contractor budgets & narratives; and preparation of materials for audits, site visits, and other ad hoc requests for information.
* Preparation & review of all required financial language including contractor policy language, operating manuals, internal policies & procedures, operational review tools, and contract language to ensure financial requirements are in compliance with federal grant requirements, the State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM), and Uniform Guidance (UG).
* Research & analysis to provide technical assistance to internal & external stakeholders on federal grant requirements. Act as financial liaison with other state agencies & contracted entities
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of state government, governmental accounting, accounting software, and systems;
* Knowledge of federal grants management, state & federal regulations, and grant policies and procedures;
* Knowledge of state appropriations;
* Skills in the interpretation of financial data, extensive financial analysis, problem analysis & resolution;
* Ability to communicate effectively in verbal & written form;
* Ability to prioritize & manage multiple complex assignments;
* Ability to work individually & in a team.
* A minimum of two years of accounting work experience in governmental or related financial accounting. Preferred experience will include accounting experience obtained in the healthcare field.
* Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration or other related fields.
* Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.