Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
This position will remain open until filled
First Resume Review: 3/21/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accountant-2, grade 20. This position will provide financial oversight, revenue and expenditure tracking and technical assistance for the Opioid State Targeted Response (STR) federal grant(s). The position will provide support to the Project Director performing grant-related post award functions including financial analysis and reporting. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serve as the Opioid STR grant financial analyst and provide comprehensive financial analysis and expertise on areas including, budget, cash management, cost allocation, labor activity, grants management, fiscal audit controls, internal control, payment reconciliation, compliance with state and federal regulations; sub-recipient monitoring, and state & federal reporting for the Opioid STR grant. This includes developing responses to requests for information from internal/external stakeholders regarding financial management activities. Handle sensitive financial data issues.
* Preparation and timely submission of grant applications to include review of the funding opportunity request, budget development, and coordination of financial requests throughout the life of the grant.
* Monitor and Review Contractor expenditure reports and ensure grant compliance. Comply with grant reporting requirements such as FFATA, by coordinating the collection of data with the relevant contractors and ensuring that contracts have appropriate grant policies. Maintain and enter grant information in the E-civis system.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Computer skills required in financial automated accounting systems and in software applications in a Windows environment; Excel, Word, Access; Google email/calendar, and other PC based accounting databases, spreadsheet and mainframe software.
* Extensive knowledge in the Federal financial regulations concerning budgetary and financial requirements; capitation systems; internal control and fiscal management; Federal grants management; and procurement and contracts management.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high paced, continuously changing environment with frequent interruptions.
* Substantial knowledge of the methods and techniques of automated financial/disbursement systems that are related to large financial systems.
* Skill in analytical, organizational and problem solving, including the ability to interpret financial and statistical data.
* Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or other related fields.
* Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS) and Grants Management experience is a plus.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.