Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Apply by: 08/17/2018
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accountant-2. The individual selected for this position will be part of the Finance Section/Reporting team. The Accountant-2 will assist with the accurate and timely accounting for AHCCCS programs and ensure accurate financial reporting requirements are met for the State and Federal governments. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Preparing and submitting the quarterly federal expenditure reports to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This requires maintaining internal control process and compiling and reconciling significant amounts of complex data from various sources to ensure that these reports properly capture all available federal funding for AHCCCS program expenditures.
* Preparing federal drawdown requests and processing them through the Department of Health and Human Services Payment Management System.
* Preparing transfers of funds as required to record expenditures or revenue to the appropriate funding sources.
* Monitoring quarterly Title XIX and Title XXI grant award balances to ensure adequate federal funding is available for payment of programmatic and administrative expenditures.
* Interacting with the State and Federal auditor, compiling and analyzing data and providing management with written analysis regarding questioned expenditures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as they relate to governmental accounting.
* Experience with automated financial accounting systems; performing data queries to research and retrieve appropriate information and experience analyzing complex financial reports.
* Comprehensive understanding of the internal controls and financial reporting.
* Ability to solve problems, make sound decisions independently and communicate in a clear concise manner.
* Possess organizational and analytical skills, ability to adapt to the continuously changing business environment and to work accurately under strict deadlines.
* Skilled in using Microsoft Office applications.
* Possess a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field with experience in governmental fund accounting.
* A minimum of 24 hours of accounting or equivalent courses and at least one year of demonstrated professional experience applying Generally Accepted Principles (GAAP) as they relate to governmental counting.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.