Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Tribal ALTCS Specialist
First Resume Review: 09/23/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Tribal ALTCS Specialist. Under the direction of the Tribal ALTCS Program Manager, this position will support the Tribal ALTCS unit by evaluating, recommending actions, and providing ongoing monitoring of data related to Home Modification. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Collaborate with providers, Tribal Programs, and AHCCCS staff regarding Home Modification documentation. Validate eligibility for participation, payment, and reporting of member data.
* Provide support of the Tribal ALTCS functions including researching, processing, monitoring, and tracking Transitional Programs, Out-of-State Placement Requests, Open Line Requests, Member Eligibility issues, Electronic Member Change Requests (eMCR), and Hospital Inpatient Admission/Discharge Notifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* AHCCCS, ALTCS, Medicaid, Medicare and policies applicable to the ALTCS and other AHCCCS programs.
* Types of member eligibility and covered services in relation to AHCCCS Long Term Care.
* Entry to intermediate level of proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications, including the ability to produce documents and presentations using word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software tools.
* Organizational skills for setting priorities, workload and record keeping.
* Interpersonal skills in working and communicating with agency management providers, and individuals for diverse cultures and socioeconomic backgrounds.
* Make effective decisions in a high volume fast paced environment.
* Work independently and as part of a team.
* 6 months to 1 year of knowledge and experience with PMMIS.
* Experience working with tribal facilities and the various health care delivery systems in which tribal members may receive services.
* Knowledge of Member Eligibility, Claims and/or Prior Authorization.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.