The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Transportation Specialist. The successful candidate will work primarily from home, with some in-office meetings and on-site duties being required. This position is in the Care Management Systems Unit (CMSU) of the Division of Fee for Service Management and is responsible for specialized administrative work in the Transportation Program. The position will authorize transportation requests for covered medical and behavioral services for AHCCCS members. This position uses extensive knowledge of PA/Transportation regulations, policies and procedures in analyzing, researching and resolving complex transportation issues and assists the Transportation Coordinator in gathering statistics and information for reports and audits. Must be willing and able to work in a virtual office setting.
* Review requests for transportation and apply policies and procedures to make a determination.
* Analyze, research, and resolve complex transportation issues that present themselves through incoming calls, faxes, web, or mail from AHCCCS Providers. Makes recommendations directly to the unit supervisor.
* Maintain and produce reports. Assist the Transportation Coordinator in gathering statistics and information for various reports and audits.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
* Knowledge of DFSM Policies and Procedures,
* Knowledge of AHCCCS Prior Authorization System
* Knowledge of AHCCCS coverage criteria in relation to Fee For Service member eligibility types.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong computer skills.
* Ability to identify proper coding for various transportation types.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize tasks to keep current.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* The ideal candidate will have experience in Prior Authorization and Transportation.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.