Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 09/12/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Training Specialist. This position will assist in achieving the overall training objective and provide support in maintaining up-to-date training materials and communications. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist in general support tasks and operational logistics regarding billing manuals, and communications regarding changes and other training materials for providers.
* Provide office support tasks for provider training sessions to include, but are not limited to training room preparation, printing, copying and distributing materials to providers.
* Assist with scheduling and organizing complex activities such as keeping training materials current and pulling information available on the AHCCCS website in preparation for trainings to be conducted by the Provider Training Officers and DFSM Policy and Education Manager.
* Assist in general upkeep of policy huddle boards & project boards. Will assist in creating and developing visual presentations, disseminating information, coordinating direct mailings, and creating brochures for the Training Team.
* Travel with Training Team by establishing, developing, maintaining and updating filing system. Draft written responses or replies by phone or e-mail when necessary. Respond to regularly occurring requests for information. Type and design general correspondences memos, chart and table graphs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Skills in oral and written communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Adobe, Paint, Google Suites and other like programs.
* The ability to assist with assigned projects while maintaining timeliness and adherence to deadlines.
* Knowledge of research, data gather and reporting.
* The ability to create, maintain, and enter the information into databases.
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of administration and management.
* Familiarity with American Indian Tribes/programs and policy procedures.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.