Title: Web Developer
- REMOTE OPTIONS
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
Salary: $65,000 - $68,000
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Web Developer. This position completes written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. As a senior Web Developer this position is responsible for modifying and/or building web solutions from conception to implementation using all phases of the SDLC.
The State of Arizona strives for a work culture that affords employees flexibility, autonomy, and trust. Across our many agencies, boards, commissions, many State employees participate in the State’s Remote Work Program and are able to work remotely in their homes, in offices, and in hoteling spaces. All work, including remote work, should be performed within Arizona, unless an exception is properly authorized in advance. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develops new and/or modifies existing web sites, APIs & console applications to meet functional and technical design specifications.
* Participates in all phases of the Standard Development Life Cycle to achieve web based solutions for the internal and external user community.
* Ability to analyze, troubleshoot and optimize web sites and APIs for security and responsiveness following industry best practices, development standards and guidelines.
* Ability to work independently and manage time efficiently while working in the office or virtually.
* Troubleshooting, debugging, maintaining and improving existing software.
* Ability to design, build and maintain relational database solutions including, tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, and functions.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with customers and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
* Perform complex analysis and problem solving tasks to identify and develop solutions.
* Hands-on experience with developing and deploying web applications in the Azure environment.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of security standards and principles as they apply to web development.
* Strong working experience and knowledge of RDBMS design using SQL Server 2012 and above.
* Extensive hands-on experience with web services.
* Strong understanding and experience with all phases of the SDLC and methodologies.
* Ability to resolve production issues and multi-task with strict time constraints and business goals.
* Bachelor’s degree plus 5 or more years of programming and analysis experience (or equivalent experience).
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, 5+ years of experience in web development, Microsoft certifications are a plus, and HIPAA and MARS-E experience or expertise are a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.