Title: Housing Program Director
Housing Program Director
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Housing Program Director
Division of Health Care Management
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on date 08/10/2022
Salary: 92,000 - $97,000
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (include virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Division of Health Care Management is seeking a Housing Program Director to lead one of the most unique and innovative permanent supportive housing programs in the country! You can read about some of our innovative housing programs in this recent New York Times article.
As a key role within the agency, this position manages the Housing Program Manager, who oversees a portfolio of over 3,200 units throughout the state through use of a Statewide Housing Administrator. Additionally, this position manages the Housing Development Manager, responsible for overseeing a $2 million dollar a year housing trust fund aimed at development and acquisition of affordable housing. This position is the public face of AHCCCS in conversations with the homeless system, public housing authorities and other important affordable housing partners throughout the state. The role is responsible for working with multiple health plans and service providers to ensure that the range of supported services meet the needs of Arizona Medicaid members throughout the state and is a central figure in developing, analyzing and informing leadership around housing legislation and will routinely meet with executive leadership within the organization and externally.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Set direction, create linkages among programs and departments, supervise housing staff, and lead housing staff within health plans and establish targets necessary to achieve the strategies and mission of the agency. Assist with the development of new housing programs in accordance with agency plans, review and evaluate site selection criteria, comprehensive plans, housing market analyses, need studies and related reports.
* Ensure program compliance with federal law, applicable state laws and AHCCCS related policy. Recommend new policies; develop procedures and strategies for implementation. Review, analyze and control operational effectives and related work practices, develop and implement strategies for operational improvement and program advancement.
? Provide technical expertise to the Director of Medicaid, Housing Administrator Contractor, health plans, community partners and members as needed.
? Supervise the Housing Development Manager in the administration of the SMI Housing Trust Fund including working with community partners to leverage the SMI Housing Trust Fund for development and acquisition of real estate and developing/adhering to practices and procedures regarding the approval and monitoring of housing development projects.
? Supervise the Housing Program Manager to ensure proper monitoring of housing programs including utilization, average housing assistance payments, vacancy rates, evictions/terminations, audit protocol for housing programs including HQS inspections, rent calculations, payment standards and adherence to fair housing principles.
? Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with a variety of stakeholders to advance program objectives. Deliver presentations as directed to a variety of community stakeholders, government agencies and interested parties.
? Serve on key committees and roles such as The Continuum of Care, Coordinated Entry sub-committees, Governor's Goal Council and other special projects as directed.
? Develop and prepare annual budgets and spending plans for the Housing Administrator Contractor and Tribal Regional Behavioral Health Authorities that are allocated housing funds.
? Serve as key resource for all housing related activities around Social Determinants of Health (SDoH).
? Federal and state housing programs for specialty populations: potential sources of funding to support implementation of the permanent supportive housing model.
? Performance Management Model and continuous quality improvement methods.
? Knowledge of Arizona’s Medicaid service delivery system.
? Program evaluation.
? State and federal laws, regulations, rules and practices for affordable housing and permanent supportive housing.
? Oversight and regulatory methodologies.
? Data collection and analysis.
? State and local government management practices.
? Contract negotiation and management.
? Project Management.
? Problem solving.
? Computer programs such as Google email and calendar; Microsoft Word. Excel and PowerPoint.
? Principles related to performance improvement.
? Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills for diverse audiences.
? Relationship management.
? Change management, especially in quickly evolving environments.
? Present to and engage with large groups of diverse stakeholders including members, providers, health plans and policymakers.
? Synthesize comprehensive information for diverse audiences.
? Organization and leadership qualities to negotiate, motivate, stimulate cooperation and build teams.
? Minimum: Bachelor's degree in relevant field (such as policy/administration, social services, business administration, or other related field) and five-years experience in public housing, housing choice voucher or homeless systems administration, or similar experience in residential, rental property management, or affordable housing and or homeless-centered service delivery systems, including four years of senior-level managerial experience.
? Preferred: Master's Degree in relevant field (such as policy/administration, social services, business administration, or other related field.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.