Title: Compliance Project Manager
Compliance Project Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Compliance Project Manager
Address: 801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Salary: $71,450 - $76,450
Closing Date: Open Until Filled-First review of resumes on (7/25/2022)
This position may offer the ability to work remotely within Arizona based upon the department's needs and continual meeting of expected performance measures.
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Compliance Project Manager. This position will be responsible along with a team of individuals in the Operations Unit, for having a comprehensive understanding of federal and state regulation guiding the provision of managed care and for ensuring that all AHCCCS managed care organizations/contractors adhere to all applicable regulations as well as all requirements outlined in contract and in AHCCCS policy. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Represent AHCCCS at meetings with contractors and other contractor professionals; participate in special projects related to Medicaid managed care, including rules teams, fraud prevention, contract development.
* Provide technical assistance to program contractors, providers, members and other internal and external customers.
* Organize and coordinate services and communication among AHCCCS divisions and program contractor administration for the purpose of identifying, resolving and monitoring program contractor management issues.
* Monitor contractor deliverables, including network oversight.
* Plan and conduct operational reviews including review and analysis of documentation, design review tool and format, perform interviews.
* Develop reports on the results of operational reviews, complete with corrective action plans. Monitor performance of contractors.
* Interpret various administrative rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
* Monitor and evaluate the development of new contractors who successfully bid for acute and long term care services.
* Prepare responses to contractors, state agencies, and others requesting technical assistance or expressing a concern or complaint related to the acute and long-term care programs.
* Produce written policies, procedures and reports for the acute, integrated physical and behavioral health and long-term care programs.
* Managed care principles and delivery systems
* Acute, behavioral health and long-term care management principles and operations
* Provider network monitoring and development
* Organizational skills that result in prioritization of multiple tasks
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Analyze problems and develop effective plans for corrective action
* Multitask in a fast-paced environment
* Work independently and in a team environment
* Two - three years of experience in Medicaid service delivery (acute, long term care and/or behavioral health services).
* Bachelors or higher degree in Public Health, Social Work or Public Administration or closely related field.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.