Title: Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
- REMOTE OPTIONS
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Courage, Teamwork
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Business Operations Manager
Division of Health Care Management
Address: 801 E Jefferson St, Phoenix, AZ 85034
Open until filled: 1st review of resumes on 6/24/22
Salary: $55,000 - $65,000
This position is eligible for part-time/full-time remote work (including virtual office arrangement). Must reside in the State of Arizona.
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Operations Manager. This position is responsible serves as the go-to person in the Division of Health Care Management (DHCM), possessing an understanding of the division's general business operations. The position collaborates with relevant parties in the overall strategic implementation of the division's vision, mission, initiatives, and end goals to maximize the operating potential of the division. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serves as the HR Business Partner for DHCM partnering with Human Resources & Development (HRD) to manage & monitor implementation of personnel policies & procedures. Provide guidance on: staffing & recruitment & talent management; the hiring process; personnel actions; classification & compensation action requests & reorganization of division units; employee training, evaluations, & employee relations matters.
* Manages administrative functions for all division units, ensuring division-wide coverage and standardization of activities. Total of 6 direct reports - 2 Business Partner positions, 2 Executive Staff Assistant positions and 2 Executive Assistant positions. Preparing performance appraisals, planners, etc. Guide work teams for projects..
* Under the direction of the Assistant Directors (ADs), serve as the division budget manager, monitoring division administrative expenditures. Partner with Division of Business & Finance (DBF) & Budget to develop, prepare & present annual administrative funding request to DBF & monthly division administrative operating plans to ADs..
* Serve as Arizona Management System (AMS) manager for division. Regularly attend division huddle boards for all units and provide training to teams to implement AMS best practices. Establish division policies and standards for regular review of lead/lag metrics by management and alignment with Tier II huddle board.
* Research operational issues and advise the Assistant Directors which may affect the division and recommend solutions. Develop managerial tools, techniques, division policies, procedures & methods to increase efficiency in DHCM. In collaboration with division management, develop and implement action plans to achieve divisional and agency goals.
* Reviews and processes purchasing requisitions for approval.
* Principles, concepts and current practices of State government, including legislative and administrative processes, contracts, laws, rules and regulations.
* Organizational structure of State government and management practices
* Personnel management and employee relations
* Project management and control
* To conduct employee relations activity in an effective way to resolve issues
* Work with differing opinions and bring about compromise
* Present ideas/recommendations/solutions to top management effectively
* Four or more years’ experience in human resources, budget OR relevant area with increased responsibility over time.
* At least one-year supervisory experience.
* Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration OR Human Resources or related field and experience in public OR personnel administration.
* Professional in Human Resources (PHR) OR Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) a plus.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel may be required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing email@example.com.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.