Title: Business Operations Manager
Business Operations Manager
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry.
Come join our dynamic and dedicated team.
Business Operations Manager
801 E. Jefferson Street, Phoenix, Arizona 85034
Salary: $50,000 - $55,000
Open until filled
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Business Operations Manager. The Business Operations Manager supports the Division of Business & Finance (DBF) and collaborates with relevant parties in the overall strategic implementation of the division's vision, mission, initiatives, and end goals to maximize the operating potential of the division. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serve as the HR Business Partner for DBF, partnering with Human Resources & Development (HRD) to manage & monitor implementation of personnel policies & procedures. Provide guidance on recruitment & talent management, the hiring process, personnel actions, classification & compensation action requests.
* Serve as Arizona Management System (AMS) manager for division. Regularly attend division huddle boards for all units and provide training to teams to implement AMS best practices.
* Oversee service for divisions equipment and supplies. Secure services for all temporary staff as needed. Prepares purchase requisitions through the APP system accurately and in compliance with the State, AHCCCS and division's guidelines and within the spending plan.
* Research operational issues and advise the Assistant Director which may affect the division and recommend solutions. Develop managerial tools, techniques, division policies, procedures & methods to increase efficiency in DBF.
* Serve as single point of contact for multi-divisional projects. Guide work teams for projects.
* Supervise and mentor one direct report.
* Planning and research methods, project management, methodology, and project control.
* Personnel management and employee relations.
* Identifying where improvement is needed and ability to develop strategies for change.
* Directing a comprehensive administrative services program.
* Objective when making decisions or recommendations regarding the division.
* Handle multiple work assignments and effectively change priorities.
* Work independently with minimal oversight.
* Arizona Drivers License.
* 3 to 5 years high-level professional administrative support in State government that includes one year of supervisory experience.
* Successfully complete the Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), applicable to all newly hired State employees.
* Successfully pass fingerprint background check, prior employment verifications and reference checks; employment is contingent upon completion of the above-mentioned process and the agency’s ability to reasonably accommodate any restrictions.
* Travel is required for State business. Employees who drive on state business must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.) AND have an acceptable driving record for the last 39 months including no DUI, suspension or revocations and less than 8 points on your license. If an Out of State Driver License was held within the last 39 months, a copy of your MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) is required prior to driving for State Business. Employees may be required to use their own transportation as well as maintaining valid motor vehicle insurance and current Arizona vehicle registration; however, mileage will be reimbursed.
Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are:
* 10 paid holidays per year
* Paid Vacation and Sick time off (12 and 13 days per year respectively) - start earning it your 1st day (prorated for part-time employees)
* A top-ranked retirement program with lifetime pension benefits
* A robust and affordable insurance plan, including medical, dental, life, and disability insurance
* Participation eligibility in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (must meet qualifications)
* RideShare and Public Transit Subsidy
* A variety of learning and career development opportunities
* Opportunity to work 100% virtually or remotely on an ad-hoc basis (home office)
By providing the option of a full-time or part-time virtual/remote work schedule, employees enjoy improved work/life balance, report higher job satisfaction, and are more productive. Remote work is a management option and not an employee entitlement or right. An agency may terminate a remote work agreement at its discretion.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Lifetime Pension Benefit Program
* Administered through the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS)
* Defined benefit plan that provides for life-long income upon retirement.
* Required participation for Long-Term Disability (LTD) and ASRS Retirement plan.
* Pre-taxed payroll contributions begin after a 27-week waiting period (prior contributions may waive the waiting period).
Deferred Retirement Compensation Program
* Voluntary participation.
* Program administered through Nationwide.
* Tax-deferred retirement investments through payroll deductions.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.