Title: Accountant 1
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $40,500 - $43,500
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Accountant-1. The person in this position will be responsible to validate and reconcile system interface files from PMMIS to AFIS. This person will also handle the unit call center to research and answer providers’ concerns and requests. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Validate and reconcile system interface files from PMMIS to AFIS for payments.
* Monitor processing of Medicaid provider creation and modification interface files into AFIS and identify issues for corrective action.
* Process and review providers electronic funds transfer (ACH/EFT) enrollment requests.
* Reconcile and report sub fund revenues/expenditures and cash balance to management on a monthly basis.
* Reconcile suspense account and research aged invoice status in AFIS on an annual basis.
* Run weekly Health Plans payment report for management.
* Run monthly, quarterly and annually report for Department of Insurance.
* Enter and process supplemental manual payments in accordance to appropriated funds and Federal rates.
* Review supplemental Manual Payments entered by other staff to make sure they are in accordance with appropriate funds and federal rates.
* Monitor providers’ tickets and warrant inquiries email for provider concerns and requests.
* Support unit call center for providers’ inquires and requests.
* Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP); comprehensive knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices, methods, and techniques of governmental accounting.
* Demonstrate independence, strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain and reconcile complex multiple funding source payment methodologies.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to changing priorities in an efficient and effective manner.
* Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a closely related field required.
* Knowledge and experience of robust automated accounting systems. Accounts Payable, Cash Receipt, General Ledger and Vendor Customer modules are a plus.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point).
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.