Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Information Services Division
This position will remain open until filled
First Resume Review: 06/24/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
* This role is for technical professionals who specialize in multiple disciplines. This includes the operation and maintenance of operating systems across multiple platforms, middleware, multiple database technologies, load balancing and high availability solutions. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: ongoing support and administration of systems, capacity planning, security compliance, documentation, performance management.
* The employee focuses on individual/team/department/operational objectives. The incumbent will demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with peers and business partners, articulate and compare alternative approaches, and recognize problems related to project objectives early in the process.
* Creativity and judgement are needed when dealing with new projects and/or operational problems. Independently generate solutions based on experience, knowledge, and business guidelines. Challenge the status quo in order to improve, enhance or develop new solutions to existing workflows.
* Generally controls one’s own work priorities and methods requiring tradeoffs. Is accountable for individual, team and department results.
REQUIRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE (KSAs):
4+ years in the following:
* vSphere 5.x and 6.x
* Citrix Xendesktop
* Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 experience
* Enterprise backup solutions
* Server Hardware experience
* Customer Service Skills
* LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Troubleshooting
* Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus
* Excellent communication skills
* Technical Documentation Writing skills
* Follow Change Management policy for all Changes
PREFERRED TECHNICAL AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERTISE:
Certification or knowledge / experience in the following:
* Expert-level Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 experience
* Fibre Channel / iSCSI / NFS Technologies
* Linux/Unix Environments
* Azure Administration, Configuration, Maintenance and Support
* AWS Administration, Configuration, Maintenance and Support
* Analytical mindset
* 8+ years experience as a network administrator or Sr. network administrator
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.