Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
State Government Intern
First Resume Review: 06/17/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a State Government Intern. The position may be on a part-time or full-time basis depending on the scheduling needs of the Intern. Under the direction of the Health Care Financial Analyst, this position will be responsible for performing ad-hoc data analysis of member utilization data and conducting multi-state analyses of coverage and reimbursement of select Medicaid services. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Research Medicaid coverage and reimbursement in other states
* Utilization data analysis
* Summarizing state and federal regulations
* Assist in preparing Access Monitoring Analysis report
* Support for various rate setting tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge with Excel, Access and other MS Office applications
* Data analysis and research methods
* Medicaid and managed care payment principles
* Skilled in collection, organization, and summary of large data sets using Excel and Access
* Internet research to track rate-setting issues, methodology updates & federal requirements
* Strong ability to work and communicate with a broad spectrum of professionals, and effectively present information both orally and in writing
* Communicate and work with information systems staff to create or revise data extracts
* Computer skills: Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint and Google
* Team and interpersonal skills
* Verbal and written communication skills
* Interest in Public Service
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.