Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Sr. Business Analyst
First Resume Review: 06/09/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Sr Business Analyst. This position is required to maintain a direct working relationship with staff both internal and external to ISD. They are also responsible for training personnel on the functions of the Recipient Subsystem. This position provides analysis of confidential information and provides written systems analysis and design for tasks that are technical in nature. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Coordinate changes that directly, or indirectly, impact the ISD Recipient/Health Plan/CCTS/QCA/LTC subsystems.
* Ensure that all work on the team is performed according to policy and procedure.
* Provide input in support of ISD policy and procedure development and modifications.
* Develop and mentor staff assigned to the team, including establishing training plans and career development in coordination with team supervisor.
* Attend meetings, classes, seminars, and demos as required by the position.
* Prepare management and status reports as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Proven ability to apply the principles of AQI and SDLC to make improvement in the department.
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with internal and external business users and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail; interfacing with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs
* Experience in complete lifecycle systems design, analysis, and testing procedures
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of management principles in order to mentor and lead staff toward the successful completion of assignments.
* Knowledge of appropriate Business Requirement Document sections and required elements.
* Ability to manage large scale projects, while also coordinating day-to-day requests.
* Work experience in a Systems Project Lead or Management position provides the opportunity for repetition, development and improvement of these skills.
* Formal training and courses, including principles of communication and problem solving.
* 10+ years of experience as a (Sr) Business Analyst and/or Programmer Analyst. Or 15+ years in the Medicaid/healthcare industry.
* 5+ years in a healthcare related field (acute care/LTC/Healthplan/etc.)
* Familiarity with mainframe applications/languages (COBOL/IDEAL) (Not required, but highly preferred.)
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678 . Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.