Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Senior Procurement Specialist
First Resume Review: 4/18/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Senior Procurement Specialist. The position is located in the Procurement Section and assists in the management of procurement and contract administration of various solicitations and contracts. This is a challenging and dynamic environment that requires flexibility in developing tools and processes to meet the agency’s evolving business needs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Lead procurement teams in development, editing, publishing, evaluating and awarding competitive solicitations for the State of AZ AHCCCS.
* Develop, update and ensures that assigned contracts and procurements are clearly written, correctly formatted and accurately reflects AHCCCS’ expectations and the contractor’s requirements.
* Consult with stakeholders to ensure all aspects of assigned contracts and procurements are accurately prepared and completed in accordance with Federal and State law as well as in accordance to the Arizona Procurement Code.
* Monitors and evaluates contact compliance; approving or denying reimbursements; may make on-site visits if necessary; coordinate and advise with AHCCCS divisions.
* Negotiates cooperative arrangements, programs, or activities between and among agencies at the same or different levels of government.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge and application of AHCCCS’ Procurement Policies, Procedures and Processes; ADOA State Procurement Office’s Policies; public contracts management/acquisition processes; and Arizona Procurement Code. Must be able to explain Federal, State and Agency rules and regulations pertaining to procurement.
* Advanced organizational and detail-oriented skills are required. Must be able to synthesize and consolidate input and feedback from multiple sources in order to prepare clear and concise contract documents.
* The ability and skills in communicating effectively on technical matters, both orally and in writing.
* Utilizes the Arizona Procurement Portal, the State of Arizona’s web-based procurement portal, as required for loading of contracts, contacts amendments and new procurements.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, and Google email and calendar.
* A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred however a combination of 4 years progressively more responsible procurement positions can be substituted. Training in certain areas is required, for example, computer programs.
* Public Procurement Certification preferred including Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) or Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO) certification issued by the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC).
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.