Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Quality Improvement Coordinator - ALTCS EPD/DD Specialist
FIRST RESUME REVIEW: July 27, 2018
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Quality Improvement Coordinator - ALTCS EPD/DD Specialist. This position will serve as the AHCCCS Quality Improvement Team’s Arizona Long Term Care System (ALTCS) Elderly/Physically Disabled (E/PD) and Developmentally Disabled (DD) Subject Matter Expert, with duties and responsibilities that include oversight of Contractor deliverables as they relate to the quality of care and services provided to AHCCCS Medicaid members, completion of assigned Federal and other mandatory reporting requirements, data inquiry support for internal stakeholders, and completion of quality improvement-related readiness and monitoring activities for new and incumbent Contractors. Major duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Timely and accurate completion, monitoring, and tracking of all assigned Contractor deliverables including but not limited to EPSDT and Adult Quarterly Monitoring Reports, Quality Management/Performance Improvement (QM/PI) Program Annual Plans, Technology Plans, Integration Plans, Corrective Action Plan Responses, and ACC Readiness Activities.
* Participation in Operational Reviews, deliverable reviews, audits, and other forms of Contractor monitoring as necessary.
* Serving as the Quality Improvement (QI) Subject Matter Expert for Managed Long Term Supports and Services (mLTSS)-related project activities including but not limited to; performance measure research, review and selection; active participation and lead (as assigned) for care and services auditing and survey efforts specific to the ALTCS populations.
* Developing data requests and reports that support multiple Division of Healthcare Management (DHCM) clinical teams including Quality Management, Maternal Child Health, EPSDT, and Quality Improvement; assist with data reviews and provide analytic supports, as needed.
* Functioning as a key project contact and the project lead for Hybrid Performance Measure review and auditing efforts, conducting necessary project management efforts to promote and ensure the timely completion of reports in accordance to established deadlines.
* Participating in and supporting ongoing Quality Improvement efforts including (but not limited to) methodology development, project tracking, data analysis, and report writing .
* Active participation and representation of AHCCCS at the stakeholder engagement sessions, conferences, technical assistant meetings, and other presentations, webinars, and meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Advanced statistical skills; manipulation and analysis of large data sets; technical query development from data systems; and methods of interpreting clinical quality data.
* Demonstrated knowledge of research methods, including methodology development, sampling techniques, methods to identify variation in clinical performance data, statistical analysis and data quality/validation methods.
* In-depth knowledge of and at least three years of experience with quality measurement, including Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS) technical specifications, Consumer Assessment of Health Plan Satisfaction and other National Committee for Quality Assurance measures.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills (all programs).
* Strong organizational skills that result in prioritization of multiple tasks and ability to meet deadlines.
* Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare delivery systems nationally and locally, including principles of managed care.
* Strong team player, with ability to collaborate and maintain effective working relationships with people in positions of all levels.
* Experience with Cognos and Tableau or similar data analytics platforms.
* At least one to two years of experience working in a Managed Care environment.
* Knowledge of State and Federal policies and procedures governing Title XIX, Title XXI, Managed Care, LTC and Tribal.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.