The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Salary: $60,000 - $65,000
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a QA Analyst. This position is responsible for the testing of complex systems/processes, including Mainframe, MS Access, Web applications and file interfaces to external/internal systems.
* Testing of complex systems/processes, undertaking analysis, design and planning, and has a broad knowledge of different kinds of workstation administration, agency computer systems and programs
* Performing lifecycle tasks regarding system testing; performs full-system lifecycle tasks including analysis, testing, documentation, and implementation for both new systems and for modification of existing systems
* Performing User Acceptance Testing and/or Regression testing of system changes to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of expected output/outcome. Perform lifecycle tasks regarding Quality Assurance
* Research and analysis of system problems/issues, internally or externally identified, document and recommend/proposed resolution. Uses knowledge of both the business area and applications to analyze impact of user requirements on programs; develops and executes system tests
* Preparation of Test Plans. Prepares documentation to support analysis, design and planning of projects
* Assist staff with technical questions. Explain and/or train automated system changes
* Attend various meetings; staff meetings, management meetings, meeting with programmers, etc.
* Technical skills for preparation of test scenarios and system evaluation
* Quality assurance skills to ensure effectiveness of final product
* Planning skills for preparation of timeframes and effective work management
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail
* Ability to interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs
* Experience in automated information System Analysis, Design and Function Techniques and Principles
* Three years’ experience in full life-cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation & implementation
* Knowledge of Business area, procedure, policies and practices
* Experience in mainframe testing environment (COBOL, CONTROL-M, TSO, JCL)
* Experience with batch testing including; job setup and execution, data flow / database testing; general Mainframe activities: Submit/Cancel jobs; Allocate/Copy/Rename/ Delete datasets; Abend Research / Resolution; validation of file outputs
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.