Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
QA Analyst (IT)
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a QA Analyst. This position is responsible for the testing of complex systems/processes, including Mainframe, MS Access, Web applications and file interfaces to external/internal systems. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Testing of complex systems/processes, undertaking analysis, design and planning, and has a broad knowledge of different kinds of workstation administration, agency computer systems and programs.
* Performing lifecycle tasks regarding system testing; performs full-system lifecycle tasks including analysis, testing, documentation, and implementation for both new systems and for modification of existing systems.
* Performing User Acceptance Testing and/or Regression testing of system changes to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of expected output/outcome. Perform lifecycle tasks regarding Quality Assurance.
* Research and analysis of system problems/issues, internally or externally identified, document and recommend/proposed resolution. Uses knowledge of both the business area and applications to analyze impact of user requirements on programs; develops and executes system tests.
* Preparation of Test Plans. Prepares documentation to support analysis, design and planning of projects.
* Assist staff with technical questions. Explain and/or train automated system changes.
* Attend various meetings; staff meetings, management meetings, meeting with programmers, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Technical skills for preparation of test scenarios and system evaluation.
* Quality assurance skills to ensure effectiveness of final product.
* Planning skills for preparation of timeframes and effective work management.
* Demonstrated ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail.
* Ability to interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs.
* Experience in automated information System Analysis, Design and Function Techniques and Principles.
* Two years’ experience in full life-cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation & implementation.
* Knowledge of Business area, procedure, policies and practices.
* Experience in mainframe testing environment (COBOL, CONTROL-M, TSO, JCL)
* Experience with batch testing including; job setup and execution, data flow / database testing; general Mainframe activities: Submit/Cancel jobs; Allocate/Copy/Rename/ Delete datasets; Abend Research / Resolution; validation of file outputs.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.