Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 05/29/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Programmer. This position will use existing procedures to resolve existing or routine problems, supporting production systems. The position will also analyze and resolve production problems, resolving end user requests, as assigned. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyze, debug and resolve defects in applications
* Complete unit test application changes to ensure quality of work
* Fix applications to meet functional and technical designs following best practices and development standards and guidelines
* Support production systems; analyze and resolve production problems in a timely manner; resolve end user service requests, as assigned
* Use existing procedures to resolve existing or routine problems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* General knowledge of programming languages, database management systems, and development platforms
* Strong customer service skills
* Must possess ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks synthesizing feedback and adjusting plans accordingly
* Ability to develop applications in at least one programming language
* Demonstrated experience developing and writing technical documentation
* Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in teams and across organizations
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
* Bachelor’s degree, plus 0-2 years of programming experience (or equivalent experience)
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.