Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Program Compliance Specialist
Apply By: 9/22/19
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Compliance Specialist with Office of Communication, Advocacy, & Resolution & Enrollment (OCARE). This position will be one of the contacts providing program support on Medicaid and Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) eligibility policy and procedures to Community Assistors and inmate advocate liaisons. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Daily processing of enrollment reinstatements and suspensions of inmates via the Justice Systems database. Participate in the Governor’s Goal Council related to support services for releasing prisoners.
* A contact for over 1600 Assistors and over 200 Community Partner site administers who have issues that cannot be resolved via the Community Assistor Hotline. Process and monitor the Community Assistor email requests via public folder.
* Help develop and conduct Community Assistor security training. Researching, developing, writing, testing, updating and publishing guidelines, standards and polices for the Community Partner organizations as it relates to their work as HEAplus Assistors. HEAplus testing related to Assistor organizations.
* Facilitate and participate in meetings with AHCCCS work units and other state agencies/organizations to identify Community Assistor or Justice system problems, system changes, enhancements and participates in the submission of system change requests.
* Work with eligibility administration staff other AHCCCS work units and state agencies/organizations regarding rules practices and joint actions related to Community Partners, County Correctional and Community Assistor Information exchange meetings. Discuss projects, clarify information, resolve problems and exchange information.
* Organize all aspects of use of HEAplus for correctional facilities. Coordinate all outreach to Community Partners and County Correctional Facilities. Conduct and patriciate in meetings/trainings for the Arizona Management System (AMS) Process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of technical writing and reading level specific writing
* Knowledge of Sharepoint, Excel and Word (advanced formatting, tracking changes and used of field codes)
* Knowledge of HEAplus, Adobe and WebWorks ePublisher
* Knowledge of understanding of Federal and State rules and regulations governing the Medicaid (Title XIX) and CHIP (Title XXI) programs
* Knowledge of Federal statutes and regulations and State statue rules, policies, and procedures
* Knowledge of Arizona Management System (AMS) and Lean concepts
* Effective communication skills in writing, speaking and interaction with others, including listening and providing feedback
* Skilled in leading groups, planning, negotiating, making decisions and meeting deadlines and specified goals using discretion and good judgment
* Knowledge of editing your own work, peer review and computer generated reports
* Research techniques and data collection and analysis
* Ability to interpret, evaluate, research and problem solve
* Ability to prioritize work and assignments
* plan and conduct training programs
* Ability to travel throughout the State of Arizona, some overnight travel necessary
* Bachelor’s degree in visual communications, English, technical writing, graphic design or related field; OR 3 years of experience in a Medicaid program with skills that include determining Medicaid financial eligibility; OR 3 years of experience in editing, technical writing and/or graphic design; computer assistance; training; management and project development and data or situational analysis
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.