PROG SVC EVALR 2
PROG SVC EVALR 2
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Financial Eligibility Specialist
The Division of Member Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Services Evaluator 2 (Grade 15); working title is Financial Eligibility Specialist. This position is located in the Chinle Long Term Care Office. This position will require the PSE to work in a call center based environment and/or a work management environment depending on the business needs of the office. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Gather, verify and update financial information
* Use various computer-based programs to determine financial eligibility of applicants
* Interview customers in-person or over the phone
* Manage a large dynamic caseload with productivity, timeliness and quality measurements
* Starting salary is $30,909/year and the ability to increase salary after 8 months, based on performance
* As part of the selection process, candidates will receive an email request to complete a testing within a required timeframe
* Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or Zoom.
* Knowledge of email and computer usage
* Skilled in written and verbal communication
* Customer service skills
* Skilled in basic math
* Ability to organize and prioritize
* Ability to use logic and problem solving
* Must be fluent in Navajo
* High school diploma or GED
* Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid laws, State and Federal rules and regulations
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.