Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Prior Authorization Technician
First resume review 11/16/2018
Open till filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Prior Authorization Technician. This position will be responsible for answering Fee For Service Providers phone calls requesting prior authorizations for medical service. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Answers Fee-For-Service Providers’ phone calls requesting prior authorizations. Confer with and refers to unit nurses those requests that require determination by a medical professional. Uses specific pre-determined authorization requirements and eligibility information to make a determination on those requests.
* Enters data into PMMIS regarding prior authorization requests that require a review by a medical professional
* Participates in on-going training and meetings designed to keep current on all prior authorization information.
* Removes duplicate authorizations from transportation and web portal.
* Provides general administrative support to the unit, including the tracking and reporting information related to prior authorizations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize tasks and to know when to elevate a situation/issue to a higher level.
* Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
* Produce tracking mechanisms for prior authorizations.
* Ability to work independently and also part of a team.
* The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years experience in Prior Authorization and providing Administrative Support to a group of professionals.
* The candidate will have 1-2 years work experience in a call center.
* Must be willing to work Virtual Office (VO) after an extensive training program.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.