Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Program Project Specialist 1
First Resume Review 06/14/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Project Specialist 1. This position tests System Service Requests (SSRs) where program modifications and enhancements were completed. Issues tickets for system fixes or clarification requests submitted to the Information Services Division (ISD). Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Complete Pre-Grievance issues that need to be processed or reviewed.
* Identifies and reports system problems and discrepancies to ensure system integrity. Issues and tracks tickets for emergency system fixes and clarification requests submitted to ISD.
* Communicates effectively, orally and in writing providing clear and concise information and establishes/maintains professional relationships with co-workers, supervisors and managers.
* Completes special projects as assigned by Claims Management.
* Remains current with Policies and Procedures. Participates in continual training to keep current.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of State and Federal health care regulations.
* Medical claims imaging systems/software
* Medical claims processing experience in a production environment.
* Analytical and comprehension skills to identify problems and develop action plans for correction.
* The skills to interpret and apply federal and state statutes, rules and regulations that govern AHCCCS programs as relates to medical claims.
* Excellent communication, both written and oral; able to communicate complex information in a clear and concise way.
* The ability to prioritize and re-prioritize frequently during the day to meet goals and strategies.
* The ability to work independently, but also as a team member.
* Knowledge of Medical Terminology, research methodology and processes.
* Advanced computer skills, i.e. Microsoft Office Suite (Word & Excel), Gmail and Calendar or comparable software.
* Ability to coordinate and work well with others.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.