Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Payroll Supervisor, grade 20. This position oversees the timely and accurately paying of wages and processing expenditure transactions for a large State agency. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* As supervisor for Payroll staff, direct, train, instruct and counsel; develop work processes and procedures. Oversee staff’s conformance to all program standards, goals and objectives.
* Resolve problems and questions regarding work methods and evaluate the performance of the work unit. Maintain good working relationships with agency-wide business partner network as well as the Central Payroll staff.
* Oversee, monitor, and analyze the bi-weekly payroll processes to ensure timeliness, accuracy and quality of work products. Oversee and review Employee Time Entry and Missing Time records for all AHCCCS employees to insure payment of wages.
* Retrieve, review and analyze accounting and payroll records. Maintain payroll account schedules with respect to Payroll.
* Monitor and respond to the agency Payroll Helpline to provide high quality customer service to employees. Maintain Select Survey system to collect employee feedback related to customer service with a goal of increasing employee satisfaction.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of general accepted payroll and accounting principles, concepts, practices, methods and techniques of governing and fund accounting and fiscal supervision.
* Computer skills and work techniques required in financial automated accounting systems and in software applications in a Windows environment; Intermediate Excel skills, Power Point, Word, Access and other PC based accounting databases, spreadsheet and mainframe software.
* Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a high paced, continuously changing environment within established timelines.
* Working knowledge of the complex funding sources of the agency to ensure correct funding is applied to payroll expenditures to maximize federal funding provided to the agency based on the federal reporting requirements of the Center of Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Federal and State regulations and general statewide payroll procedures.
* Develop and implement work processes and procedures and delegate work assignments and establish priorities.
* Two years of professional level accounting experience in business or industry to include supervisory experience.
* Two years of governmental accounting and payroll processing.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.