Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Opioid Grants Program Coordinator
First Resume Review: 10/29/2018
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Opioid Grant Program Coordinator. This position will provide grant management of the Opioid State Targeted Response (STR) and State Opioid Response (SOR) federal grants. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serve as the Opioid STR and SOR grant financial analyst and provide comprehensive financial analysis and expertise on areas including, budget, cash management, cost allocation, labor activity, grants management, fiscal audit controls, internal controls, payment reconciliation, and compliance with state and federal regulations; sub-recipient monitoring, and state and federal reporting for the Opioid STR and SOR grants. This includes developing responses to requests for information from internal/external stakeholders regarding financial management activities and handling sensitive financial data issues.
* Preparation and timely submission of grant applications to include review of the funding opportunity request, budget development, and coordination of financial requests throughout the life of the grants.
* Monitor and review contractor expenditure reports and ensure grant compliance. Comply with all federal grant reporting requirements such as FFATA, by coordinating the collection of data with relevant contractors and ensuring that contracts have appropriate grant policies. Maintain and enter grant information E-civis.
* Prioritize work, meet deadlines, and produce quality results on time with attention to detail.
* Maintain grant and contract files up to date with grant regulations, contract spreadsheets, procurement and payment information.
* Keep supervisor informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth completion of grant responsibilities.
* Research relevant grant related matters including whether expenditures are allowable, allocable, and reasonable, utilizing various resources.
* Grant expenditures and revenue reallocation. Participate in grant close out and ensure financial records are accurate.
* Participate and facilitate multiple teams/meetings to including Opioid STR and SOR grant activities and federal and state site reviews and audits.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of federal grant compliance including laws, rules and regulations
* Knowledge of federal grants management requirements
* Demonstrated knowledge of general accepted accounting principles (GAAP), State of Arizona Accounting Manual (SAAM), and Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS)
* Skilled in communicating grant compliance issues and financial information to all levels of staff
* Skilled in Microsoft Office software products such as Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint or comparable software program
* Ability to meet performance measures while providing excellent customer service
* Ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of grant related policies and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
* Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or other related field and/or four years of progressively responsible grant management experience with a regional, state or federal agency.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.