Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Targeted Investment Analyst
First Resume Review: 04/15/2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Targeted Investment Analyst. This position collects and performs data analysis on membership and claims utilization data to assist in decision making and payment determinations for the operation of the Agency’s Targeted Investment Program which provides financial incentives to eligible AHCCCS providers to integrate physical and behavioral health services. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyze membership and claims utilization data to determine qualified participants and eligible units used to calculate payments. Assimilate, aggregate, query, collect, clean, analyze utilization data and performing quality checks
* Monitor and maintain data collection databases analyze work processes; identify automated and manual processes, report on data discovery and classification in order to finalize analysis. Maintaining database of program activity tracking to document business decisions, calculations, process improvements and audit activities
* Identify trends and potential risk exposure for improper payments, develop solutions for normalizing and cleansing data; trouble shoot technical issues in retrieving data; resolve data abnormalities, document methodical and logical approach to perform analysis (process & assumptions) and make process improvement recommendations. Participate in meetings to evaluate existing and proposed administrative policies, procedures, systems and practices.
* Answers customer inquiries, provide technical assistance, facilitates complaint resolution, performs research, troubleshooting concerns/problems, and assists project team in understanding the utilization analysis and related payment calculation
* Prepare reports and coordinate with actuarial staff to help ensure accuracy of distributions; collaborate with other internal divisions (OOD, DBF, OBI and OIG) for efficient operation of the program. Evaluate the relevance of existing analysis concepts and guidelines in order to improve accuracy.
* Coordinate with MCOs for collection of membership reports, data discovery and classification discussions to finalize analysis.
* Document standard work procedures, business rules for effective file management process, post weekly metrics to report on productivity and progress. Develop training materials and provide training; Conduct effectiveness reviews and testing to ensure systems are applied and functioning as designed; Develop/Update functional or operational manuals outlining established methods of performing work in accordance with standard work.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Principles and practices of public administration with emphasis on effective planning, organization, and data management
* Principles and techniques of automated information systems analysis, design, modification, and implementation
* Identify and analyze procedural problems and determine effective solutions
* High level of mathematical ability, methodical, logical and analytical thinking, strong computer skills in data analysis tools, ability to analyze, model and interpret data
* Accuracy and attention to detail
* Express ideas and information clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
* Work independently and produce work products with limited supervision
* 3 years of experience with data query tools, quantitative data analysis and data display tools.
* 3 years of experience related to health care financial activities.
* 3 years of experience with health care related incentive programs.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678 . Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.