Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 06/17/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Management Analyst. This position will be responsible for testing, auditing and analyzing encounter and health plan data using qualitative analysis; developing analytical procedures and manuals as required, etc.. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Test, analyze, design, develop, modify and implement projects related to existing, new and proposed Agency encounter and health plan system policies and procedures
* Monitor and evaluate procedures to assure conformance and integrity of projects
* Consult with and provide technical assistance to appropriate agency personnel on current and proposed policies and programs
* Develop simulation models to estimate the effect of modifying and improving encounter system programs, based on interpretation of federal and state policies related to AHCCCS
* Communicate verbally, and in writing to the Encounter Manager, the results of administrative and technical analysis of existing, new and proposed enhancements to AHCCCS Encounter System. Prepare technical and administrative reports for Executive Management
* Represent Agency at meetings with other governmental agencies and community groups
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated experience in systems and programs in capitated health care and in AHCCCS, and of their purposes and variations in form, structure and content
* Knowledge in the claims/encounter/behavioral health processing principles, concepts and industry practices
* Extracting, compiling, analyzing, evaluating, synthesizing and presenting information in support of project objectives
* Skilled in the use and evaluation of computerized tools for database maintenance
* Project design, planning and development
* Ability to communicate orally and written with all levels of professionals and to work independently with little supervision
* Ability to calculate basic statistics; proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and Access
* Experience with Cognos
* At least one year experience working in a managed care environment
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.