Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Intergovernmental Relations Intern
First resume review: December 7, 2018
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Intergovernmental Relations Intern. The Intern position will provide assistance to OIR staff with various initiatives and projects. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Research state and federal healthcare policy and provide analysis to staff
* Assist in the State Plan and Waiver amendment processes
* Assist PIO to create communication content for traditional and digital media, and plan and execute stakeholder engagement
* Assist legislative staff with data collection, research, and attend meetings and hearings as applicable
* Assist the Tribal Liaison with digital and in-person stakeholder communication and meeting organization
* Digitize and organize agency records
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* General knowledge of public health or public policy, and of government processes
* Excellent verbal, written communication, and research skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and basic Social Media communication
* Ability to work independently without continuous supervision and contribute collaboratively in a team environment
* Ability to interact professionally and empathetically with public officials and stakeholders
* Currently attending an accredited college working towards a bachelor’s degree
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.