Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Implementation Manager II
apply by: july 27, 2018
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Implementation Manager II. This position will serve as an expert on questions related to service delivery and oversight for substance use disorders and behavioral health throughout Arizona. It is important that this position be able to determine appropriateness and effectiveness of behavioral health, SUD (substance use disorders), and integrated care services being provided with federal and state funding. This position requires writing grant applications, reports, oversight monitoring, implementation and contracts. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Write grant applications, reports, curricula, protocols, policies, procedures, and other documents (such as minutes and meeting agendas) related to prevention/treatment, grant implementation and workforce development.
* Facilitates, coordinates, and participates in meetings with stakeholders including coalitions, community members, special populations, and other state agencies.
* Works with community and state stakeholders and the federal government to develop, modify, adapt policies to improve the efficacy of services in Arizona.
* Provides training and technical assistance to providers, T/RBHAs, ACC Plans, community-based coalitions, and tribes in evidence based practices.
* Monitors subcontract compliance with contractual obligations and adherence to AHCCCS policies and requirements. Develops budgets for subcontractors.
* Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid AZ driver’s license.
* Provides mentoring and coaching to T/RBHA and ACC Plan administrators as well as interns and fellows.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of Arizona's behavioral health program delivery system (behavioral health, substance use disorder, OUD/MAT, integrated care)
* Demonstrated experience in the oversight and monitoring contractual requirements.
* Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* Effectively communicate orally and in writing; speak to large and diverse populations; and work cooperatively in a team environment.
* Knowledge of the performance management (PM) model and continuous quality improvement (CQI) methods in a public health setting.
* Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Work, PowerPoint or comparable software program.
* Bachelor's degree in behavioral health or closely related field, preference given to a Master’s degree in same.
* Three (3) years’ experience providing direct services to individuals with substance use disorders, with an emphasis on opioid use disorder.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.