Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Healthcare Management Analyst
First Resume Review: 01/18/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Healthcare Management Analyst. This position will be responsible for the fiscal stability of a number of AHCCCS Rates and Reimbursement payments. Duties include developing and maintaining Fee-For-Service reimbursement rates for all assigned rate schedules used to pay AHCCCS claims and indexed by contracted Health Plans. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Develop and maintain Fee-For-Service reimbursement rates for assigned services and Fee Schedules.
* Perform complex data analysis and fiscal impact analyses for proposed changes to reimbursement rates and methodologies, develop and present recommendations to management.
* Assist with system implementation of rates and website presentation of fee schedules, create and disseminate rate change notifications, assist writing of public notices, assist in calculation of supplemental distributions and agency reports.
* Attend internal and external meetings serving as the rate-setting expert for assigned Fee Schedules to answer questions, provide recommendations and participate in problem solving and decision making, participate in rate setting work-groups to receive input on reimbursement issues.
* Provide technical expertise for revisions to and participate in revising Arizona Administrative Code, Medicaid State Plan, 1115 Waiver and other policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of Excel, SPSS or similar statistical software package
* Demonstrated knowledge of Financial/Fiscal data analysis methods
* Application of data analysis skills to extract and report service utilization from claims and encounter service data and to use utilization data to analyze fiscal impacts of rate payment scenarios.
* Write technical/analytical reports and work independently or as part of a team.
* Mainframe databases and delivery systems including claims and encounters, recipient files, provider files and reference tables.
* Healthcare measurement methodology such as utilization measurement
* Project management skills including the development of project objectives, task analysis and work plans
* Bachelor’s or Graduate degree in Business, Health Administration, Economics or related field.
* Coursework in intermediate level statistics, applied research methodology, accounting/finance and healthcare medical terminology.
* Proficiency in Excel, Access, SPSS, Cognos or other SQL program
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.