Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Financial Eligibility Specialist - Chinle Office
Open until filled
Apply By: 10/01/18
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Program Services Evaluator 1 (Grade 13); working title is Financial Eligibility Specialist. This position is located in the Chinle Long Term Care Office. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Gather, verify and update financial information
* Use various computer-based programs to determine financial eligibility of applicants
* Interview customers in-person or over the phone, and
* Manage a large dynamic caseload with productivity, timeliness and quality measurements
* Starting salary of $28,445/year and the ability to increase salary after 12 months and again after an additional 6 months, based on performance
* As part of the selection process, candidates will receive an email request to complete a writing exercise within a required timeframe
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge of email and computer usage
* Skilled in written and verbal communication
* Customer service skills
* Skilled in basic math
* Ability to organize and prioritize
* Ability to use logic and problem solving
* Knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid laws, State and Federal rules and regulations
* Bilingual (Navajo) is a plus, but not required
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.