Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Finance Operations Administrator
First Resume Review: 04/30/2020
This position to remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Finance Operations Administrator. Under the supervision of the Finance Administrator, this individual is responsible for the supervision of the finance operations staff and related work product; monitors the accounting functions for programmatic and administrative payables, payroll, premium billing and other receivables collections, collections and reporting for prescription drug rebates, oversee funding activity for inmate medical claims and is primary contact for banking services. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Oversight of the Agency’s accounting systems. The Arizona Financial Information System (AFIS), the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and the Arizona Procurement Portal (APP) system for invoicing. The management of the posting and recording of all receipts and expenditures to the accounting systems as appropriate and reconciliation of activity which includes multiple funds encompassing numerous programs with a total annual expenditure projected to be over $15 billion.
* Oversight of payroll accounting structure, expenditure control and reconciliation by section. Ensure accurate, complete and confidential payroll records for approximately 1,100+ employees. Allocating payroll expenditures to multiple funds in compliance with CMS regulations. Implement and maintain effective and cost efficient payroll processes and procedures to support AHCCCS’ Virtual Office employees. Monitor quality control processes to validate AHCCCS personnel’s entries in the Employee Time Entry (ETE) system. Oversee the reconciliation of payroll activity in HRIS to the AFIS accounting system.
* Oversight of the premium billing and collection structure. Maintain accurate and complete billing files on all members and supplying necessary management information data to analyze the various programs. Oversee the reconciliation of premium collections between the bank, the Premium Billing system and AFIS. Direct the operations of the Premium Billing call center ensuring there is adequate coverage to respond to customer calls in both English and Spanish. Oversee testing for any Premium Billing system modifications or implementation of new programs for premium collection. Monitor effective and cost efficient processes to monitor posting activities utilizing new banking technologies.
* Oversight of financial activity for Interagency Service Agreements (ISAs) for the purpose of acting as a Third Party Administrator (TPA) to process fee-for-service medical claims processing for Title XIX and State only inmates and related provider payments. Monitor and track the receipt of the State match and resulting available cash balances. Communication with key personnel at AHCCCS and the various entities if additional matching funds are needed to support claim payments. Ensure appropriate invoicing to the various entities on a quarterly basis. Oversee the reconciliation of revenue and expenditures and reporting in accordance with the terms of the related ISAs.
* Act as the primary contact for the State Contractor for Banking Services. Implement effective and cost efficient process for all business operations related to banking. Resolve issues regarding operational banking activities. Administer the CashPro Online Reporting system for all agency bank activity to include granting system access and rights to appropriate staff as well as access to the appropriate accounts as deemed necessary. Administer Purchasing and Travel Card program for the agency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of accounting and auditing in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as determined by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) and the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards (GAGAS) as determined by the United States General Accountability Office.
* Extensive knowledge of Federal and State laws, rules, regulations and policies governing financial requirements related to the Agency’s programs as outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR’s), Arizona Revised Statutes, Arizona Session law, State accounting rules (State Accounting Manual), the Cash Management Improvement Act (CMIA) and AHCCCS Administrative Policies and Procedures.
* Extensive knowledge of internal financial automated accounting systems and in software applications in a Windows environment; Excel, Word, Access and other PC based accounting databases, spreadsheet and mainframe software.
* Extensive knowledge of banking technologies for business operations to include ACH payment file transmissions, bank account reconciliation file transmissions, Image Lockbox, Bank of America’s Remote Payment Online system and the CashPro Online Reporting system.
* Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to maintain and reconcile complex multiple funding source payment methodologies.
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with management and staff within the Agency, other State Agencies and with external customers.
* Ability to effectively organize, supervise and direct staff to ensure timely and accurate completion of multi-priority tasks. Accomplish through the ability to properly delegate and to follow-up and review task assignments.
* Formal education, a Bachelor degree with a major in either Accounting or Finance.
* A license as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Arizona preferred.
* Knowledge of Federal and State regulations related with an emphasis on the Title XIX and Title XXI programs.
* A minimum of five years accounting work experience in governmental or related financial accounting. Preferred experience will include management experience obtained from the health care field (to include HMO providers or third-party payment intermediaries) and public accounting with an emphasis on healthcare and governmental auditing and related managerial consulting). A minimum of five years supervision experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.