Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Facilities Maintenance Specialist
First Resume Review: 02/22/2019
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Facilities Maintenance Technician. This position is part of a team responsible for the Facilities’ many and varied duties for all of AHCCCS owned and leased properties. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Assist with the oversight of maintenance, repair and improvements of owned and leased properties
* Assist Motor Pool with the AHCCCS vehicle fleet operations
* Assist in the oversight of the security contractor and works with the local emergency agencies, such as Law Enforcement and Fire Departments
* Assist in any operational problems which may violate building safety and ensures that all work complies with national and local building codes, safety laws and rules
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Apply and interpret national and local laws and ordinances regulating building construction
* Knowledge of the safety standards in the use of common and specialized tools, equipment and materials related to work
* Reading of blueprints, sketches and structural components of building and related utilities services systems
* Caring for facilities and maintaining grounds and plant life
* Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver’s license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver’s license record checks, must maintain acceptable driving records and must complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12.)
* Requires a physical examination, because of the position’s requirement to be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 50 pounds
* Two years of facilities management experience appropriate to the assignment, including but not limited to; working in the trades of: drywall, plumbing, painting, carpeting and tile, grounds keeping and with HVAC/ energy management systems
* Experience with Microsoft Office to include Excel and Visio application
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.