Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Executive Staff Assistant to the Director
First Resume Review: 12/18/2018
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of the Director (OOD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Executive Staff Assistant to the Director. This position provides high-level professional administrative support to the Office of the Director (OOD) for the Director, Deputy Director, Assistant Deputy Director, Chief Medical Officer, Dental Director and other managers/supervisors in OOD in the overall strategic implementation of the division’s vision, mission and goals and the resultant staffing and organization of the division related to maintaining and improving employee morale and retention. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Serve as the point of contact for the Director. Provide professional level administrative support to the Director and other OOD staff members performing work of considerable complexity and difficulty. Manage the Director’s calendar scheduling appointments and meetings requiring extensive coordination within OOD, the agency, external customers, Governor’s Office, political officials, tribal entities, and organizational/agencies in state and out-of-state.
* Partner with DBF Budget, Facilities and Payroll to: develop and monitor OOD Budget; oversee professional and outside services and secure temporary personnel services as needed; oversee payroll process (ETE); and facility equipment, use of space and physical moves. Partner with ISD for all IT equipment moves and setups.
* Serve as the HR Business Partner, partnering with HRD to manage and monitor implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Provide guidance on: staffing and recruitment; the hiring process; personnel actions; classification and compensation action requests and reorganization of division units; employee training, employee evaluations, employee relations matters.
* Participates in OOD Leadership Team meetings assisting with the development and implementation of division strategic goals, policies and work plans. Coordinates agenda, materials and logistics for agency leadership meetings.
* Serves as the agency non-IT lead for the Continuity of Operations Planning Team. Oversees the implementation of procedures and policies to ensure employee and member safety during a COOP event.
* Supervise and mentor the Executive Staff Assistant who serves as back-up for the division.
* Travel: Coordinate and prepare travel arrangements, reservations, registrations and reimbursements. Complete and submit travel reimbursement for OOD as needed to assure timely submission and employee reimbursement.
* Other duties as assigned as related to the position
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of principles and practices of administration and office management.
* Possess a high-level of working knowledge of various software including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Google products, project management software (SharePoint), web conferencing and electronic payroll (ETE).
* Demonstrated knowledge and methods of communicating with various officials and external and internal customers, through written, oral and/or electronically.
* Demonstrated knowledge of State budget policies & procedures, fiscal management, State contract & procurement policies and purchasing procedures.
* Demonstrated knowledge of State personnel rules, policies and procedures.
* Principles and practices of supervision
* Three to five years of high-level professional administrative support in State Government that includes one year of supervisory experience.
* Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.