Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Data Entry Specialist
First Resume Review: 11/07/2018
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Fee for Service Management (DFSM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Entry Specialist. This position is responsible for data entry of medical claims. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Completes and corrects key fields in the Kofax Transformation Module (KTM-10) validation system
* Data entry of medical claims into the Prepaid Medical Management Information System (PMMIS) using the Fortis image of claim types: 1500s, UBs and ADA. This includes verifying the documentation attached for Medicare EOBs, and third party liability
* Confers with supervisor regarding problem claims
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated data entry experience
* Experience in handling a large volume of repetitive tasks
* Proficient in typing, ten key, computer skills, accuracy and speed
* Ability to change priorities quick when asked by supervisor and to meet daily goals
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* 9,000 - 10,000 keystrokes per hour
* Demonstrated experience processing medical claims
* Knowledge of medical claim form type (1500, UB & ADA)
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.