Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 11/30/2018
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Data Analyst. This position will serve as a data expert in methodology design, validation and quality control of AD Hoc and routine reports extracted from COGNOS and CIS. The analyst will also accurately interpret data results and summarize them in a cohesive and understandable manner for a variety of stakeholders, both within AHCCCS and externally.
Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Designs methodology, extracts data, provides quality control for Ad Hoc and Routine reports for both internal and external stakeholder projects; (e.g. DIG, SAMSHA, Quality Improvement Performance Measures, Showing Report, CMHS Block Grant, Utilization of Services Report, Provider Sufficiency, Enrollment-Penetration Report TEDS, etc.).
* Performs complex data processing operations, performs standard and/or routine application programming.
* Collaborates in the development and implementation of complex methodologies and extracts data to support divisional and departmental needs.
* Performs ad hoc programming, develops and tests complex database queries for ad hoc and routine reporting.
* Interfaces with other team members to analyze and design methodologies for complex data extraction from a variety of data sources.
* Provides departmental support for data extraction methodology and protocols, quality assurance and database management.
* Provides written and verbal communication regarding the structure and methodologies associated with data extraction, reporting and development.
* Assists other team members in cross-training, quality control and reporting methodologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated experience working with systems including COGNOS, Oracle, RDBMS, SQL, Visual Basics, SPSS, CIS, etc.
* Skilled in database design development, maintenance and modification; ability to comprehend, evaluate and implement complex data queries.
* Ability to perform complex analytic decisions related to computer programming language and data queries.
* Demonstrated knowledge of information systems analysis and design techniques and testing methodology.
* Strong ability to work independently and within a team setting; ability to adapt to changing priorities.
* Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal relationships.
* Ability to read and interpret detailed technical and business information.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Systems or related degree and at least two years experience in computer programming.
* Applicable direct job-related experience may substitute for degree.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.