Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Customer Service Unit Supervisor (CSUS)
Apply By: 1/10/2018
This Recruitment is for AHCCCS Employees Only
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Centralized Support Unit as a Customer Service Unit Supervisor (CSUS), Grade 18. This position is located in Specialty Operations. This position supervises and coordinates workflow activities of a team of Customer Service Representatives who in a call center environment, process mail, fax, oversee the Phoenix 801 lobby duty, and imaging services. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supervise a team of CSRs, monitor workloads and assign tasks to ensure an effective workflow
* Complete and monitor required reports to include productivity, quality, and timeliness
* Complete and administer employee evaluations utilizing the tools to document performance; provide feedback to subordinates; by communicating established goals; and initiate disciplinary action as appropriate
* Conduct and provide training and guidance to ensure accurate implementation of agency policy and division procedures
* Participate in the hiring process and conduct new hire training or refresher training
* Attend meetings, training sessions and/or conferences and conduct meetings to advise employees of changes/decisions on policy and procedures
* Actively participate and guide CSR team through the Arizona Management System (Lean) lag and lead measures
* Ability to analyze situations and address needs without direction
* Knowledge of AHCCCS policy and procedures regarding the administration of all the unique categories of eligibility and enrollment programs
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office and operating standard office equipment
* Strong skills in oral and written communication along with interpersonal relationship
* Knowledge of Medicaid enrollment rules
* Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task differing functions in a rapidly changing environment
* Prior supervisory or lead worker experience is a plus, but not required
* Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required
* Experience with Arizona Medicaid programs and systems such as HEAplus
* Must complete a writing exercise administered by AHCCCS
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email [email protected] or call 602-542-4700.