Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Customer Service Representative 1 - OCARE
First Review of resumes: May 18, 2020
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMPS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Service Representative 1. This position will perform standard call center agent duties handling 95 plus incoming calls per day. Providing direct customer service to AHCCCS members, providers and the general public by completing verification and AHCCCS enrollment actions. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* In a call center environment that utilizes CISCO software for call management, answer calls from the general public, providers and AHCCCS members within the established guidelines. Follow agency policies when answering questions, creating referrals and resolving customer issues.
* Provide high quality customer service, document all contacts and referrals accurately, while displaying a positive attitude, respect, tact, and courtesy when interacting with internal and external customers.
* Read and respond to incoming correspondence, reports and manual updates to have a current understanding of policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
* Actively participate in the Arizona Management System initiative within the unit, division and agency.
* Phase 1 of the candidate selection process requires completion of a writing exercise within a required timeframe. Candidates are contacted by email.
* Due to COVID-19 precautions the recruiting process has been adjusted to meet the standard health guidelines outlined by the State. Interviews will be conducted virtually and may also be by way of video conference utilizing a platform like Google Meet/Hangouts or WebEx.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Understanding of a call center environment.
* Knowledge of customer service techniques including phone etiquette, empathy and de-escalation of member issues
* Knowledge of basic office and clerical procedures and practices.
* Knowledge of computer systems to include: Google (docs, spreadsheets, email) and data input and various proprietary systems like HEAplus, PMMIS, WAVES and FORTIS.
* Skilled in verbal and written communication.
* Skilled in problem solving and decision making.
* Ability to work in an inbound automatic call distributor (ACD) environment.
* Six months experience in customer service or as a volunteer or internship.
* Prior healthcare experience a plus but not required.
* Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.