Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 10/11/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. This position provides analysis of confidential information and provides written systems analysis and design for tasks that are technical in nature. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performs complex research and analysis of web work requests. Troubleshoot production issues.
* Ensure that all work in the department is performed according to policy and procedure.
* Provide support of development of Information Services Division Policy and Procedures.
* Perform SDLC tasks such as requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, communications and testing. Works directly with web developers and customers.
* Reviewing, discussing and comprehending assignments with project manager.
* Prepare and present management and status reports as required by the position.
* Creates and delivers user documentation and end-user training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* General knowledge of SDLC methodologies and techniques for systems analysis and design, business process modeling, requirements gathering, quality assurance, and project management
* Highly skilled with Google Suite, Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
* Ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks, and demonstrates the ability to work with business and technical staff with accuracy
* Skill in time management to allow for performance in a highly volatile environment where priorities and deadlines are constantly changing
* Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, good problem solving skills and ensuring policies and procedures are followed
* Ability to effectively translate user requirements into business, functional, and test scenarios for projects of assorted sizes and complexity
* Ability to develop and write cohesive technical documentation and convey technical information
* Minimum of 5 years work experience in business analysis
* Experience in full Software Lifecycle methodologies
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.