Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 07/18/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Business Analyst. This position will work with the EDI team and is responsible for the analysis, review and interpretation of any HIPPA requirements/ANSI ASC X12 transactions and its impacts to AHCCCS business processes and external trading partners. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performs complex research and analysis of customer support issues/inquiries and EDI system alerts. Maintain TIBCO partner, sender, receiver and user accounts. Provides technical support/training to customers. Analyzes and interprets ANSI ASC X12 transactions and its impacts to AHCCCS business processes and external trading partners
* Performing software lifecycle tasks such as user requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, communications, and testing. Works directly with EDI developers, other team staff and users to ensure functional and technical requirements are met
* Reviewing, discussing and comprehending assignments with project manager
* Participates in industry standards committees and meetings. Reviews documentation of national health care recommendations/standards in adherence with new and ongoing federal and state laws, codes, policies, and guidelines. Interprets and analyzes these in order to provide a thorough analysis of its impact to AHCCCS and its trading partners
* Reviews SSR tasks that would potentially impact any EDI transactions
* Performs analysis and updates to EDI transactions notes/specs as it relates to any mapping changes, SSR tasks or HIPAA/business users requests/changes
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Proficient in ANSI ASC X12 transactions of 270/271, 275, 276/277, 278, 820, 834, 835 and 837
* Healthcare such as claims and/or encounter processing and data analysis experience and related knowledge of HIPAA rules pertaining to claims, encounters, enrollment and eligibility rules and procedures
* Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, and Outlook) or comparable software and SQL queries
* Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle methodologies
* Skilled in business and systems analysis
* Ability to interface with internal and external trading partners effectively
* With minimal supervision, the ability to multi-task by handling a variety of duties in a timely and efficient manner
* Minimum of 2 years work experience in EDI transactions; preferably Bachelor’s and 5 plus years’ experience
* Experience in full Software Lifecycle methodologies
* Lean or Six-sigma certification a plus
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.