Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 05/07/2020
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position will be responsible for developing and modifying computer programs using IDEAL or COBOL and preparing JCL, or other operating control language(s), position is responsible for completing written system analysis and design tasks technical in nature and in full scope of requirements. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Performing technical systems analysis tasks
* Testing and debugging programs
* Coding and modifying programs
* Participating in system testing
* Performing user requirements systems analysis tasks
* Reviewing, discussing and comprehending assignments with project leader
* Documenting programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated proficiency in computer programming language(s) and methodologies, i.e., IDEAL, COBOL, JCL (or other operating control language required by the environment)
* Experienced in developing and executing project workplans
* Skilled in the complete lifecycle systems design, analysis and testing procedures
* Proven proficiency in the ability to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail
* Knowledge of extremely complex relational database structures
* Two years’ experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation and implementation
* Extremely positive attitude
* Ability to learn fast and be adaptive to change
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.