Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 05/31/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position provides website and page development of division and agency content. Designs, develops, tests, implements and supports website development of online (Internet/Intranet) systems for the Agency. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Design, test, implement, and support online (Internet/Intranet) systems development and enhancements
* Analyze information systems, procedures and technical documents to identify content requirements of online and printed materials
* Assist and train agency staff to contribute static content to agency’s web sites
* Respond to System Service Requests (SSR) as needed
* Plan and schedule assigned work
* Attend staff and technical meetings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Website layout, design, and preparation tools and techniques, as well as multimedia capabilities and concepts
* Internet/Intranet technology capabilities and concepts
* Use of applicable programming tools (such as DreamWeaver, Visual Studio, SQL Server Management Studio, etc.) to enable interactivity of web page content and automation of web page processing
* Content and content architecture; links and relationship management
* Advanced features of current desktop software, graphical design software, web design and management software
* Written communications: grammar, punctuation, and concise writing
* Two years’ experience in full lifecycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation and implementation
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.