Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
This position will remain open until filled
First review: 3/21/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position is part of the Finance-Provider-Reference-Premium Billing team. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform technical systems analysis tasks
* Test and debug programs
* Code and modify programs
* Participate in system testing
* Perform user requirements system analysis tasks
* Review, discuss and comprehend assignments with project leader, documenting programs
* Assist Applications Developers with assignments, technical tasks and training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of JCL (or other operating control language required by the environment) and related operating systems, including complex JCL coding procedures (or other operating control language required by the environment)
* Computer programming language(s) and methodologies
* Complex coding of computer programs; relational database tasks
* Demonstrated knowledge of complete lifecycle systems design, analysis and testing procedures
* Experience in developing and executing project work plans
* Proven ability to not only interface with users and all stakeholders in order to determine their evolving needs, but to work closely with business and other diversely talented technologists with a high degree of accuracy and detail
* Ability to work independently, as well as in a team
* Five years’ experience in full life cycle software development, which includes requirement definition, analysis, design, coding, system testing, documentation and implementation
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.