Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Information Services Division (ISD) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Applications Developer. This position supports the Imaging Team, including systems development life cycle of assigned projects from requirements, information gathering, documentation, programming/development, testing and implementation. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for small scale document imaging projects to successful completion. This includes systems development life cycle of an assigned projects from requirements and gathering, documentation, programming/development, testing, training, and implementation.
* Adapts to project plans, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks. This includes analysis and resolution of customer support tickets and daily assessment of functionality on the development and production servers and processes.
* Provides technical and customer support, training and documentation to users on various imaging applications. Assists Network Services on any Imaging systems issues or maintenance and system testing after upgrades or promotes.
* Responsible for completing written systems analysis and design tasks that are technical in nature and in full scope of requirements.
* Interacts, as directed by project manager, with users, peers, and other technical staff as needed during the requirements analysis, design, development, test review, and implementation of assigned tasks, developing and/or modifying computer programs of the highest level of complexity, preparing test data for unit and system testing.
* Recommends and manages future enhancements and developments of the document imaging system in conjunction with imaging standards and document retention schedule.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated thorough knowledge of document imaging processes.
* Advanced knowledge of computer science/programming in order to determine the best implementation of document imaging systems development.
* Proven ability to analyze and resolve a wide variety of problems.
* Demonstrated ability to apply the principles of SDLC to make improvement in the department.
* Written and verbal communications skills to allow effective communication with upper management, peers, subordinates, clients and customers.
* 3 years .Net experience; Oracle DB98; SQL Navigator; PL/SQL
* Experience developing and executing project work plans.
* Project management.
* Document imaging systems: Kofax, Rightfax, Fortis and Fujitsu scanners
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.