Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Administrative Assistant 3
First review of resumes 06/02/19
This position will stay open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Member Services (DMS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant 3. This position provides administrative support to DMS Senior Management Team, other managers and Business Support Employee Services unit. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Administrative support for the Assistant Director & the DMS Senior Management Team including; but not limited to: coverage of phones, using word processing, spreadsheet, presentation applications to prepare documents and manage activities; faxing, scanning, copying, travel arrangements, schedule of meetings and calendar management; manage conference rooms, conference lines and WebEx.
* Coordinate Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP), Emergency Response Team (ERT), Electronic Time Entry (ETE), stipend implementation and tracking, travel claims, move and telecom forms, leave request filing, field office support and back-up for purchasing liaison.
* Back-up DMS Business Partners: Maintain electronic and paper files which includes scanning, maintaining spreadsheets, schedule testing and interviews, and reference checks for hiring events, etc.
* Participate in and support projects within the division, including: Arizona Management System (AMS), employee metrics and other division reports, redacting, meeting facilitation, etc.
* Participation in the AHCCCS Recognition Team (ART); State Employee Charitable Campaign (SECC), Healthy Living and/or the DMS Events teams.
* Support the Division SharePoint site posting updates, adding documents and managing the employee suggestion program. Maintain DMS shared directories and some reporting responsibilities.
* Phase 1 of the Candidate selection process requires completion of a writing exercise within a required timeframe. Candidates are contacted by email.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Knowledge in business etiquette, ethics, principles and practices of administration, organization and research
* Skill in time management, project organization and follow-through
* Skill in analysis and problem solving
* Skill in business office operations software and applications
* Ability to interact regularly with people in a wide range of positions via oral and written communication
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Three years responsible administrative experience OR Bachelor’s degree in a field appropriate to assignment AND 2 years responsible administrative experience; OR master’s degree in field appropriate to assignment.
* AHCCCS programs, operational procedures and organizational structure experience a plus
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.