Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Administrative Assistant I
First Resume Review: 02/19/2019
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Office of Administrative Legal Services (OALS) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant I. This position provides intake and documentation support in the appeal and claim dispute process. The department is responsible for the adjudication of appeals, claim disputes, and contractor request for hearings. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Intake-Data Entry per Fee for Service claim disputes/appeals into Prolaw database, retrieve eligibility and enrollment status from AHCCCS PMMIS system. Submit matter documentation for scanning. Route matters to corresponding Hearing Officer. Re-Open Intake unit matters upon received requests.
* Process electronic Fee for Service claim disputes, scans documents and additional information for matters scheduled for hearing.
* Enter all appeals and disputes into Prolaw database, retrieve applicable information from AHCCCS PMMIS to identify and verify accurate information.
\KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Exceptional skills and ability to type proficiently: intake-data entry. Ability to possess a high degree of accuracy and proofreading.
* Ability to recognize dispute information to identify possible discrepancies; Ability to identify and route claim dispute accordingly
* Proficiency with use of: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access) or comparable software program; RightFax; PMMIS, FORTIS, Prolaw database computer systems, scanning documents; Google mail and calendar
* Knowledge of AHCCCS programs to properly identify information on claim disputes and appeals for Fee For Service
* Ability to follow instructions per rules
* Ability to multi-task, work with others effectively
* Effective communication skills
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.