Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
Administrative Assistant III
Apply by: 05/11/2020
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Administrative Assistant 3. This position provides support to DHCM in internal and external meetings, coordinates follow-up from discussions and tracks resulting deliverables and agreements. Schedule meetings: prepare meeting materials, distribute information, take minutes, and schedule conference lines as necessary; maintain the hard and electronic files for the staff, complete and maintain documentation of archived records/files. Autonomously draft communications and tools related to projects assigned. Monitor the functional status of printers, fax and copiers within the DHCM area and coordinate service as needed. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Maintain unit schedules, track leave requests, track deliverables, send due date reminders, process invoices, maintain supplies, scan documents, answer phones taking accurate messages, maintain and order supplies, monitor functional status of Unit equipment.
* Scheduling of meetings, preparing meeting materials, coordinating logistics, and recording minutes from the various meetings
* Provides support to the unit Manager in internal and external meetings, coordinates follow-up from discussions and tracks resulting deliverables and agreements
* Comply with data retention policies and processes, and regularly clear out electronic and hard copy files in accordance with requirements. Maintain the hard and electronic files for the staff, complete and maintain documentation of archived records/files.
* Serving as Unit time keeper and ordering all necessary supplies and equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Maintenance and organization of filing systems and office procedures
* Internet researching, data gathering, summarization, and reporting
* Work with materials of a confidential nature and maintain confidentiality
* Communicate effectively in an oral and written manner
* Use good judgment in handling complex situations
* Problem solve
* The ideal candidate will possess two years of college or university education.
* Experience providing administrative support to management level staff.
* The ideal candidate will also possess computer experience which includes Windows and Google applications.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4678. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.