Admin AP Supervisor
Admin AP Supervisor
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid agency, is driven by its mission to deliver comprehensive, cost-effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is a nationally acclaimed model among Medicaid programs, and a recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility. Among government agencies, AHCCCS is recognized for high employee engagement and satisfaction, supportive leadership, and flexible work environments, including remote work opportunities. With career paths for seasoned professionals in a variety of fields, entry-level positions, and internship opportunities, AHCCCS offers meaningful career opportunities in a competitive industry. AHCCCS employees are passionate about their work, committed to high performance, and dedicated to serving the citizens of Arizona.
Admin AP Supervisor
Salary: $57,354 - $60,354
Closing Date: 11/21/2021
The Division of Business and Finance (DBF) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Account Payables Manager. This position is responsible to ensure that all administrative vendor payments and employee expenditure reimbursements are processed in a timely manner. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Responsible for the effective management and operation of administrative account payables unit, including the timely and accurate processing, issuance, mailing and reporting of all administrative vendor payments and processing of deposits to the State Treasurer’s Office.
* Oversees the process of electronic payments for purchases and transactions made with the State Purchasing Card and the Central Travel Account, payment of travel and expenditure reimbursement claims for agency personnel.
* Ensures the proper maintenance and processing of transfers related to intra and inter-agency administrative activity as well as transfers to obtain appropriate State match funds from sister agencies to pay administrative invoices.
* Prepares various monthly reports and spreadsheets to pay various claims and/or to identify expenses and allotments.
* Supervises three direct reports. Monitors staff’s workload to ensure their work is completed accurately and in a timely manner. Ensures that they accurately apply the Agency, State and Federal accounting regulations, standards and practices, policies and procedures. Coaches, trains and works with staff to develop efficiencies in work processes.
* Proficient with Windows, Excel, Word, Access; Google Suite; and other PC-based accounting, database, spreadsheet, mainframe software, automated financial and web-based procurement systems.
Knowledge of principles, concepts, practices, methods and techniques of government accounting and fiscal management (GAAP, GAAS).
* Knowledge of rules and regulations and processing of all administrative claims as well as travel policies and procedures as outlined under the State of Arizona Accounting Manual.
* Management, leadership and interpersonal relationship skills to establish and maintain an effective working association with individuals, management and supervision, project teams and committees, inside and outside the agency.
* Skilled in analysis and interpretation of financial data, information and instructions, involving oral and written communications.
* Independently conduct research, analysis and develop reports and financial information. Ability to deliver accurate financial data as needed or requested in a timely manner and in the required format.
* Ability to organize a heavy workload, maintain a cyclical reporting schedule, meeting critical deadlines and prioritizing a work plan.
* Ability to produce written directives, deliverables and documentation in support of specific solutions to complex technical or fiscal service issues.
* A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
* One year experience as an accountant.
* Five years of supervisory experience.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan.
For a complete list of benefits provided by The State of Arizona, please visit our benefits page
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-417-4497.
Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.