Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
First Resume Review: 09/30/2019
This position will remain open until filled.
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
The Division of Health Care Management (DHCM) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as an Actuary. This position is to provide actuarial expertise and services to AHCCCS by developing actuarially sound capitation rate ranges, determining reasonable adjustments to capitation rates based on trends, changes in AHCCCS policies, rules, state statutes, federal rules and federal laws. These services involve review and pricing for multiple AHCCCS programs. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Developing actuarially sound capitation rates for the AHCCCS program including trend analysis, viability and use of encounters and analysis on other impacts to the program that would impact capitation rates.
* Developing models to help with actuarial analysis.
* Calculating costs for potential program changes, budget requirement and ad hoc analysis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Extensive knowledge of commercial health insurance analysis.
* Comprehensive knowledge of higher mathematics related to actuarial work.
* Comprehensive knowledge of advanced statistical principles and techniques
* Excellent knowledge of computer techniques used in research and analysis.
* Excellent writing and verbal communication skills and Effective listening and questioning skills.
* Strong analytical ability and able to plan and conduct complex actuarial studies.
* Analyze complex data and draw valid conclusions and prepare accurate comprehensive reports.
* Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math or related field.
* Experience related to health care actuarial services, especially within a managed care environment.
* Minimum designation Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) and Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
* Two years of actuarial experience
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.